Who We Are
Personal data we collect about you
- Contact details: We collect your name, email address, postcode
- Profile Data includes password, feedback and survey responses, reviews of suppliers
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Marketing Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
- Contact details: We collect your name, email address, postcode so that we can contact you about your business listing on our directory and any other products and services that we have from time to time agreed to provide to your business;
- Business details: We require you to provide the name of the business you represent and details of the goods and/or services your business offers so that we can publish your business listing on our directory and provide you with the best possible service that is tailored to your business’s needs. You may also choose to provide other information about you and your business. We do not require you to do this but if you do, we will process this other information for the purposes of publishing your business listing on our directory;
- Financial details: Whilst asked for, for the services on the site Wedding Inspiration does not handle or store your payment details. Paypal deals with the payment processing and is fully GDPR compliant
- Correspondence: We collect any additional personal data that you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our website or by any other means. If you contact us by telephone, we may also record the call and make notes in relation to your call for training and service improvement purposes, to comply with our legal obligations and to be able to deal with any dispute or defence of a claim which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you.
What we use your personal data for
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To publish your business listing on our directory(Suppliers)
- To provide you with the products and services you have requested (Suppliers & Subscribers)
- We may advertise your business on 3rd party online search engines, social media websites and other appropriate internet sites.(Suppliers)
- To confirm your identity and verify the information you have provided (Suppliers & Subscribers)
- To process payments for services that you pay for(Suppliers & Subscribers)
- Marketing (Suppliers & Subscribers) If you have given us your consent or we otherwise have the right to do so, we may use your contact details to send you marketing emails and keep you informed of promotional offers by email, SMS, post or telephone relating to our products and services. You can unsubscribe from our marketing at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our emails or by contacting us (you can contact us here).
- To contact you about renewal of your products and services (Suppliers) We use the email you have provided to us so that we can contact you to discuss the renewal of the contract between us for any paid-for products and services we provide. We will do this in the lead up to the expiry of your contract and, if we don’t hear back from you to confirm whether or not you would like to renew your contract with us, up to six months after the date that your contract with us expires. Please note that if we haven’t heard from you by the time your contract for paid-for products and services expires or if you’ve told us your business no longer requires any of our paid-for products and services after your contract expires, your business will retain a free business listing on our directory. We will remove your listing if you tell us to (you can contact us here).
- To conduct market research and analytics (Suppliers & Subscribers) We may analyse your personal data (potentially in combination with personal data relating to other customers) to better understand our customer base. We may also invite certain customers to be involved in market research. If you accept our invitation, we will use your feedback to improve our products and services.
- To maintain our records and improve data accuracy (Suppliers & Subscribers) Like any business, we process personal data in the course of maintaining and administering our internal records. This includes processing your personal data to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up to date and accurate.
- To respond to enquiries, complaints and disputes (Suppliers & Subscribers) We use the personal data we hold about you to help us respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you, in the most effective manner.
- To investigate, detect and prevent fraud and comply with our legal obligations (Suppliers & Subscribers) In certain circumstances, we use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including for fraud detection, investigation and prevention purposes. This may require us to provide your personal data to law enforcement agencies, including Trading Standards, if they request it.
Marketing – Opting out
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). If you are a subscriber, you will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or created an account with us and, you have opted in to receiving that marketing. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any other company for marketing purposes. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your account and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Legal grounds for processing
Data protection law requires us to only process your personal data if we satisfy one or more legal grounds. These are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different grounds for the processing we carry out. These are as follows:
In certain circumstances, we process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of sending you marketing communications about our products and services;
Necessary for the performance of a contract and to comply with our legal obligations
It is necessary for us to process your basic contact details, payment details and information about the business you represent for the performance of the contract between us (which, depending on the products and services we have from time to time agreed to provide to your business, is governed by one or more of the terms and conditions found here). In particular, we rely on this legal ground to:
- publish your business listing on our directory and provide you with the products and services you have requested, including where relevant, advertising the identity, location and contact details of your business on third party search engines, social media sites and other relevant business websites on your behalf
- confirm your identity and verify the information you provide;
- process payments
If you choose not to give some or all of the aforementioned information to us, this may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you. In certain circumstances, we also use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate and prevent fraud.
Necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests
- provide you with similar products and services
- better understand our customer base so that we can improve our products and services and marketing activities (which could also benefit you);
- confirm whether or not you would like to renew your contract with us for any paid-for products and services; develop and improve our website to enhance the customer experience;
- respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you
- ensure effective operational management and internal administration of our business, document retention, compliance with regulatory guidance and exercise or defence of legal claims.
Who we share you personal data with
|Name of organisation ||Reason your personal data is shared ||Location of processing ||If outside EEA what process we have in place to protect your personal data |
|Heart Internet Uk ||Heart Internet hosts our data. ||UK ||N/A |
|SendGrid ||Handles emails ||UK ||N/A |
|Microsoft ||Handles backups ||UK ||N/A |
Security of Your Data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Please inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal data changes.
This version was last updated on 18th May 2018.